Mark and I took this picture with Pastor Beth on her first Sunday at BHUMC - July 1. She has come to us from Messiah UMC in Springfield, VA. I have felt a special bond with her ever since we "met" via Facebook before her move. Her passion, authenticity, and joy are contagious. We are blessed to have her and her family as part of our church family. Her sweet girls, Grace and Sophia, are in Will's Sunday School class (see pictures below).
A few pictures from Sunday School yesterday morning:
Sophia, Ms. Ditty, Gracie, and Will
We are so thankful for Ms. Ditty, a wonderfully creative and hardworking Preschool Sunday School teacher!!
We went back at noon for a luncheon welcoming Pastor Beth and her family. We had a great time with friends, and Sophia showed him how she wanted him to hug her!
While the grown-ups were cleaning up the Fellowship Hall, Will started playing the "BIG" tambourine that is kept in the windowsill. I sang "Deep and Wide" while he played for the clean-up crew. Just after naptime, Will was already talking about going back to church and playing the BIG tambourine! (I had to explain that we couldn't go then... no one is there!)
One of my favorite moments of the day:
Betty made name tags for us all to wear at the luncheon. Mark and I were still wearing ours when we got home. Will saw Mark's and said, "You don't start with M! Your name is Daddy!!" I wish I'd captured Will's expression - his mind was blown.
Then I showed him my name tag, and he said "Yours is wrong, too!" :-)














No comments:
Post a Comment